Look at this gorgeous piece of pumpkin bread slathered in honey butter!
The whole tray ready to go up to work and be shared with the masses.
So moist and delicious....
Cinnamon and nutmeg...
Fall aroma all through the house....
...and a pecan pie for a co-worker to take home for Thanksgiving! This thing smelled so good and is by far the best pecan pie recipe you'll ever use! My mom's pumpkin bread is the most flavorful and moist you'll ever have as well! Both recipes are listed a little farther below.
White chocolate sugar cookies with royal frosting. Once the frosting had a chance to dry I sprayed them lightly with orange, red, yellow and hints of green color mist spray. Have you tried this stuff??? It's so much fun!
Here's the whole lot of them...
Just when you thought I was done with the Thanksgiving goodies....BAM... turkey pancakes!
I attempted turkey shaped pancakes.. I got a few good ones but mostly they looked stupid. I'm going to have to practice this pancake shapes and 3D pancakes thing some more!
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup orange juice
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups pumpkin (or 15 oz can)
1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute applesauce)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Nutmeg
(Walnuts and/or raisins optional)
- Mix all ingredients and bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- I like to bake my bread in 1 lb coffee cans- this recipe makes about 4 coffee cans- fill 2/3 full. You can use loaf pans as well but use the smaller loaf pans.
Pecan Pie Recipe
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups corn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
1 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1 pie crust (pre-made or make your own!)
- In saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
- In large bowl beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- At this point I like to strain the mixture to make sure it's smooth and lump free.
- Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.